5 Signs It's Time To Replace A Wooden Fence
Over time, wood does break down. Oftentimes, you'll find that it most commonly fails due to weather wear and tear over the years. However, there are a few signs that indicate it may be time to go ahead and replace your wooden fence.
Here's what you need to keep an eye out for when it comes time for a new fence.
1) Broken or missing planks. Is your fence missing a plank or two? This can cause significantly throw off the overall weight of the fence resulting in more damage to surrounding planks. Depending on how many damaged planks you're looking at, if it's too many, it could be time for a replacement.
2) Termite damage. Termites wreak havoc on wood, and your wooden fence is a common place they like to call home and cause serious damage. When you notice insect damage in or around your fence, it's important to keep an eye on it for repairs or replacement of your fence altogether.
3) Storm damage. Have you had unfortunate weather circumstances where a tree has fallen on your fence? Depending on the repair costs, if it's too costly to manage, you might want to go ahead and consider a replacement.
4) Holes and warped wood. Some damage such as holes and warped pieces can easily be repaired by one of our team members. However, if your wooden fence is barely standing due to warped wood and aging over time, you might consider a new fence as a better option to avoid costly repairs.
5) Splintered and cracked wood. Is your fence showing signs of splintering or cracking? This is most likely a good indicator that your age is nearing the end of its life.
We know that some fence repairs are going to pop up from time to time. But, when it’s time for a fence replacement, we hope you’ll give our team a call at Fence Masters of Arkansas.
In the long run, getting a fence replaced instead of trying to keep up with repeat repairs will save you money. Plus, you’ll have a beautiful new fence to show for it that’s guaranteed to last for years and years.
If you're looking for a professional team to replace your fence in Central Arkansas, get in touch with our team at Fence Masters of Arkansas, today!